What to know about moving companies and Maryland?
Updated: Feb 3
- Check for the company’s recognition or certificates, the years of experience and the different moving services.
Life in Maryland and Baltimore
The state of Maryland is famous for its seafood, and for the most delicious crab cakes. So, if you really like to eat crabs, move to Maryland, and enjoy.
Maryland is also known as the “Little America” because of its high coverage in natural geography. It has beautiful scenarios, including the Chesapeake Bay, with sandy beaches, different islands, and freshwater creeks. The Blue Ridge Mountains, The Piedmont Plateau, and the Appalachian Mountains. The state is also called “Free State” for its tradition of religious tolerance and political freedom.
Baltimore is the largest city, within a state without many large cities. Home of the Orioles and the Ravens who were named after Edgar Allan Poe’s famous poem: “The Raven”. Baltimore offers elite athletics, open air exercises and substantially more. If you appreciate the surf and sand, Baltimore is inside driving distance of seashores and sea resorts. Or on the other hand if you would like, head to the mountains. Washington, D.C. Philadelphia, and New York are additionally a simple one-hour drive or train ride away.
How to choose a Moving Company in Maryland ?
When it is moving time, having numerous movers’ alternatives in Maryland can make the decision process very stressful. Developing the trust, you need to feel calm by learning about the moving service and the companies consume a lot of time. Here are some ideas that can help you make a better decision when the time to choose a moving company arrives:
- What to expect from a professional moving company in Baltimore? For example, check on how companies have been responding to COVID-19. The way they have assumed and responded to the CDC government’s guidance and changes they have done to continue working during the pandemic season.
- Check for the company’s recognitions or certificates, the years of experience and the different moving services.
- Nowadays, is very easy to find movers in Baltimore and in Maryland with Google. It is always recommended to look at the company’s reviews and guide you with your expectations when is time to decide. Descriptions on reviews always build the image of a product or a service.
- Check the website and see real pictures about the employees, how proper they are and trained they are. Consider visiting the company’s office and look at its equipment and facility.
- Professional moving companies most of the time sends representatives to give you a real estimate and scope out the job.
- If you call the company for an estimate, pay attention on how detailed the information is given by the agent and the questions they ask you to better give you and be precise with an estimate price. It is recommended to send the seller or an agent to the client’s house before the moving day for having a better estimate price. Rates depends on how much needs to be moved, the distance and how much manpower is needed to get the job done.
- Verify the moving company credentials: thirty-three states require in-state to have a federal DOT number. The DOT number is a unique identification number that allows for instant access to a company’s safety information.
Why should you consider Allen and Son Moving and storage when moving to Maryland or out of the state?
Allen and Son Moving and Storage is one of the best movers in Maryland. Since 1991, it started as a certified moving company in Maryland, family-owned and operated with two generations of moving experience. The company stands out for its dynamic, experienced, and constantly trained employees. With a presence in Annapolis, Baltimore, Montgomery, Alexandria, Reston, Springfield, Rockville, Washington D.C., North Virginia, we do local and interstate moving services.
This company differentiates for having an efficient support service with a genuinely friendly attitude, combined with reasonably prices. This company guarantees you a quick, hassle-free move.
With almost 30 years operating the moving and storage company in Maryland has its fleet of six tractor trailers, 10 large trailers, eight trucks and four vans idled for the first time in years. Ending 2020, the company has new horizons in its sights, like setting up a new office in Miami and expanding their services over there. The president affirms that there is an enormous amount of opportunity in residential services in the Miami area.